PDA

View Full Version : Mom & Kit

Henry Hosley
01-03-2008, 08:52 PM
This "post" is a first for me. Original photo shot with Canon EOS 20D; 100-300 w/ 2x extender; ASA 800; 1000@5.6

Judd Patterson
01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Welcome to BPN, Henry! You really captured a tender moment between this kit and its mother. I think I would have tried to give the kit just a bit more room on the bottom of the frame, but that's not a major issue at all. I think it could also be improved with a little more sharpening before posting...to bring out the details. Was this taken in Maine?

George DeCamp
01-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey Henry!

Lucky you to have seen this interaction and capture it. Let me add just a little to Judds excellent comment. Assuming you were zoomed all the way with your 100-300 perhaps a crop off the top would help make your subject larger in the frame and allow the viewer to see more detail. Of course it is always better to do your work with your camera so zooming in would be best or slowly getting closer to your subject if possible. Easier said than done sometimes I know but if this spot is close to you and you have the time it is worth a try. This is a terrific subject, keep them coming!

Henry Hosley
01-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Photo was on my property in Maine. Have found 3 dens, and am hoping that I'll have another opportunity this spring to photograph her and her litter.