PDA

View Full Version : Floating By

Todd Levine
11-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Taken at Wakodahatchee. Just a peaceful feather floating by. All C&C welcome.

thanks,
Todd

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
Aperture: 4
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: +2/3
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Evaluative
Drive mode: Continuous
ISO: 800
Lens: EF600mm f/4L USM
Focal length: 600mm
AF mode: AI Servo AF
Lens micro-adjustment: 0
Image size: 4896 x 3264
Image quality: Raw
White balance: Auto
Picture style: Standard
Color space: AdobeRGB

Jay Sheinfield
11-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Cool shot. I may have wanted the entire feather in focus. Pan comp is interesting...............

Roman Kurywczak
11-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey Todd,
I'm with Jay on this one....you could sacrifice some SS for a touch more DOF with that lens....just an idea to keep in mind for next time out.

Steve Maxson
11-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi Todd. I like the simple, peaceful, moody look of this image! I don't really mind the relative softness of the feather tip. There are other comps that might also look work well with this subject - I'm thinking more canvas on the top and right, for example. Just something for you to think about and experiment with. :)

Julie Kenward
11-18-2010, 04:59 PM
I thought the same thing as Steve...would like to see it positioned more to the right with more space to the left for it to float into. You nailed the reflection and a bit more DOF would have put this one over the top for me.

Norm Dulak
11-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Todd:

I really like the idea here, with the feather floating on the mirror-like water surface.

But I have a couple of questions about the image that I hope you can answer, but which should not be taken as criticisms.

First, there seems to be a halo around parts of the feather. Do you know what could cause that?

Secondly, below the extreme lower left part of the feather there seems to be a distinctly blue region in the water. Do you know why that is?

In any event I appreciate this image, and I thank you for sharing it.

Norm

Ken Childs
11-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey Todd, this is definitely a cool idea! I like the subject and the pano crop and agree with others that a bit more DOF would have taken this over the top. :)

Anita Bower
11-21-2010, 07:50 AM
This is a most peaceful image. Looking at it is soothing. Lovely colors. No need to repeat suggestions made above.