11-16-2010, 01:27 PM
More on the theme...........curves, no crop

Nikon D3s
ISO 800
105 macro
1/1250 sec @f4.5

22mm close up tube

hand held

Comments welcome..........................

Ken Childs
11-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Jay this is very cool and the colors are wonderful...again! :)
I think you should either crop a bit from the left or paint over the green in that area. I'd clone over the white spot on the longest needle and maybe use SH to lighten up just the needles a bit. I can't make up my mind about the needles in the LR. Maybe lightening them up or blurring them a bit or both would keep them from pulling my eye away from the main part of this shot. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say about that. :)

Roman Kurywczak
11-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Hey Jay,
What ken said! Dang he's been paying attention too much!!!:D If you go off the left....take a proportional amount off the bottom! Tha may satisy the LR issues. If I get a chance....I'll repost.

Jay Sheinfield
11-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Ken and Roman......thanks. Good suggestions, Definate "do-over". Thanks

Steve Maxson
11-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Jay. Another cool abstract! Ken pretty well nailed my thoughts on this one. It's the UL and LR corners that are drawing my eye and some cropping/painting/lightening will take this up a notch or two. :)

Julie Kenward
11-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm with the rest of the group on this one. It's a beautiful macro - very soft and I love the opposing colors together.

Anita Bower
11-19-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm liking your pine needle series! I like the diagonal lines and the green against magenta--wow! I tried lightening up the greens a bit with SH and I like it. If you crop some off the left, I would still paint in some of the bg color over the bluish grey.