PDA

View Full Version : Sepia Leaf Blur

denise ippolito
11-15-2010, 05:34 PM
I was walking my dog today and happened upon this gorgeous pile of leaves. They were pristine and the light was fantastic. I went home and got my camera. By the time I got back the wind had picked up and the leaves were blown all over-not to mention they looked like they were run over by numerous cars. I decided to sit in the pile with my macro lens and get a couple of blurs. I remembered the theme so I desaturated this one and added a sepia filter along with adding back some color to the one leaf for fun. I added a few filters also.
1/3 sec. at f/32 ISO 100, 100mm Macro lens

Andrew McLachlan
11-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi Denise, love the amount of blur here and the effect created with the filters you selected. Adding color back to the leaf really adds interested. Almost looks like the leaves are beneath flowing water.

Cheryl Slechta
11-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, Denise, I truly love this. It has a very ethereal, fragile quality to it and is so creative. The added color really adds to the look.:o

Jay Sheinfield
11-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Remarkable................is this stuff in your book?

denise ippolito
11-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Jay, The blur guide covers mostly in-camera techniques for capturing blurs and I did use one of the techniques listed in the blur-guide to capture the blur. There is also a section on post -processing blurs but this technique for processing is not covered in it.:)

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Very nice! As Cheryl said, ethereal! It is just so simple, yet so good!

Christopher Miller
11-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Very interesting effect, Denise. I like the soft, ethereal feel of the image, and lovely color tones. If it were mine, I might prefer a little more contrast.

denise ippolito
11-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Christopher, adding contrast would be good too. Thanks.

Stu Bowie
11-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Hi Denise, I like how the 'coloured' leaf stands out against the sepia leaves. Interesting effect from the blurring. Once again, great work, and well done.:cool:

denise ippolito
11-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Stuart, Thank you, I appreciate it.:)