PDA

View Full Version : Big Bend Zion Cascade

Roman Kurywczak
11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Taken at the "Big Bend" section of Zion NP as the trees were really starting to pop! Worked this cascade with the Singh Ray Vari ND filter with all different SS's......settled on this one as my favorite.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens at f18 for 1/3 sec. at ISO 640. Pushed ISO to vary SS's.......could have reached for polariser instead! All tripod mounted w/Graf Studioball head!
Saved at 63 quality to fit.....man we have to do something about that in Landscapes!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Very nice I just must of missed you as I left friday,as colors were great in Zion

Andrew McLachlan
11-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi Roman, love the autumn color against the rock wall with the river in the foreground. A perfect arrangement of elements in this one. Well done!

Dave Mills
11-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi Roman, like the low angle with the water in the foreground taking the eye up through the different layers of color. Soft detail in the water with good rock placement.:cheers:

Hilary Hann
11-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Love those autumn colours (I guess 'fall' colours for some of you :o ). I'd love to see some of the rock detail, must be beautiful in your original.

Saved at 63 quality to fit.....man we have to do something about that in Landscapes!

Agree totally, sometimes I go to critique a landscape and realise that the comments I was going to make have more to do with the final image size not the original. Ah well! Often I neglect the Landscape forum because fine detail in the background is so important and often it is the first of the details to go and you end up looking like 'billy the goose' making silly comments. :(

Roman Kurywczak
11-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Hehehehe Hilary! I've been at this for almost 3 years here on the forums.....and it still gets me!

Judy Howle
11-18-2010, 02:34 PM
I agree with the other comments. I like the way the eye travels from the water to the trees and rocks. The colors in the trees and rocks are beautiful.