11-15-2010, 11:24 AM
A yung Green toad Pseudepidalea (Bufo) viridis

Canon 7D, Canon 100 mm macro,
ISO 800, 1/160, f10, flash, orig.

http://www.pbase.com/milv/image/130296685.jpg

Ken Childs
11-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi Milan, this guy is cute! :)
The DOF and the colors work for me but I think this could use a tighter crop....something to get the eye closer to a ROT position. Taking a significant amount off the top and a little off the left and right should do the trick. Slightly lightening and sharpening that cool eye should make it look even better. It looks good and with a few simple editing tweaks it should easily move up a few notches. Well done!

Roman Kurywczak
11-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Hey Milan,
I agree with Ken's assesment.....especially the top crop. These small tweaks will make this frog shine!

Steve Maxson
11-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi Milan. This guy is much more colorful than the toads I'm used to seeing! Good sharpness and lighting and I like the low shooting angle. There are some helpful suggestions above for you to consider. :)

Julie Kenward
11-18-2010, 05:04 PM
I like Ken's idea for a crop but my first thought was to simply take some off the bottom (about half of the OOF area) and maybe a small slice off the right side. I'd definitely give that eye a curves adjustment and make it sparkle! What a cutie he is!

Andrew McLachlan
11-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi Milan, agree with the above comments. I love shooting the frogs and toads that are indigenous to Ontario - can't get enough shots of them. This little guy you shot is absolutely amazing, love its coloration.