PDA

View Full Version : Surgery & Artistic Licence for Jules

Gus Hallgren
11-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi Folks;

As left wing on Anna's I posted was caught a split second too soon & wing looked not so good, Jules suggested transplanting right wing to left side. So here's the result finished off by my Mad Painter inner demon. :2eyes2::2eyes2::2eyes2:

Comments & redos always welcome

Gus aka MP

Gus Hallgren
11-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Original posted in ETL

annmpacheco
11-15-2010, 11:26 AM
this looks great which program did you use to do this? ann

Gus Hallgren
11-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Hello Ann;

First, I took it into CS5, cropped out the right wing, then flipped it horz and rotated it 8 degrees CCW. Then I opened up Orig and cleaned out left wing. Next pressed V (Move) dragged wing close to original placement, used BG Eraser at low opacity and cut out wing. Then moved it to finasl placement. Then with eraser at low opacity I blended in transplant. Finished off with low opacity paint brushes and clone. Then with QM (Quick Mask) I applied a low pass of Gaussin Blur to lower edge of transplant wing.

I then took it into free FotoSketch and applied low strength Oil painting, took it back to CS5 for the finishing touches.

For lots of ideas & help visit OOTB (Out Of The Box) a very friendly and talented folks

You can see my Orange Crowned warbler there- Click here (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?75179-Oil-Painting-Orange-crowned-Warbler&p=594501#post594501)

Glad you liked it

Gusd AKA MP :2eyes2:

Roman Kurywczak
11-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Hey Gus,
Very nice work and the surgery went flawlessly IMO! Super job on this one:cheers:!

Julie Kenward
11-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Fantastic save, Gus! You really outdid yourself with this one. I'm going to copy the thread down to the OOTB because the painted effect is incredible. ;):D;)

Bill Dix
11-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Love the transplant and painterly touch, Gus. Nicely done.