PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Iris

Bill Randall
11-13-2010, 04:31 PM
70mm, Iso 400 f/4.5,1/3200
Wind was blowing so high shutter speed.

Dave Mills
11-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi Bill, I think you put this in the wrong forum. Not exactly a landscape so I would post this in macro.

Bill Randall
11-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Bill, I think you put this in the wrong forum. Not exactly a landscape so I would post this in macro.
I have trouble figuring what goes where especially when somethings fall in between catagories. Feel free to move it or tell me how to do it and I will be glad to do so.

Dave Mills
11-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi Bill, not sure how to move the post. Robert or Roman would know how to do it.
Pretty sure it will be handled soon...

Robert Amoruso
11-14-2010, 09:49 AM
I moved it. Thanks for posting Bill. My quick though is I like the darker parts of the Iris. The bloom on the top seems a bit washed out in comparison to the other ones.

Mike Moats
11-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey Bill, Robert is right about the wash out top. Here is a blog post I did about this problem.
http://tinylanscapes.wordpress.com/2010/11/02/controling-the-light/
I like the comp and nice details.

Jay Sheinfield
11-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Good flow to the comp. A very difficult subject. I still don't have an IRIS I like. With a few of the above changes, this should turn out cool.

Aidan Briggs
11-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Nice and sharp and I like the BG. I agree with the others on the lighter parts, and I would remove the leaf in the lower left corner. Looking forward to more macros!

Ken Childs
11-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Hey Bill, officially it's Macro and Flora so this one definitely fits here. The lighting issue has already been covered so I'll move on to other things. I like the comp and usually I like tight crops but not when they cutoff a small part of the subject....in this case the petal in the LR. If you have the canvas, back it out on all sides so that petal isn't clipped. Definitely clone out the leaf in the LLC and consider darkening the light areas in the upper part of the BG....If they were spread more evenly throughout the BG I'd leave them but since they are only near the top, they should be darkened, IMHO.

Please post more flowers if you have them...I'm looking forward to more of your shots! :)

Roman Kurywczak
11-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey Bill,
Late to the party! I think Ken nailed my suggestions and others have mentioned the lighting. Even though it was windy.......just keep in mind that you can sacrifice some of that SS for DOF in the future.