PDA

View Full Version : iPad & BPN

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
11-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Folks,

Greetings. I borrowed an iPad to try out and BPN on Safari is broken in many ways. Is there some magic settings that makes it all work?

The worst problem is the images get cut off on the right side (the part that extends beyond the web frame). I can't figure out either from BPN settings or Safari settings or iPad settings anything that works to fix this.

Also the menu bar is messed up (Hunt's ends up on top of half of the menu bar).

Does anyone use the iPad w/ BPN without these problems? Do tell.

Thanks much,

-Michael-

James Shadle
11-12-2010, 05:54 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/app/vbulletin-mobile/id401734344?mt=8#
That may help.

What skin are you using?
BP-Light small will work best.

Randy Stout
11-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Michael:

You might want to PM Doug Brown, he uses an Ipad for BPN at times.

Cheers

Randy

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
11-12-2010, 07:48 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/app/vbulletin-mobile/id401734344?mt=8#
That may help.

What skin are you using?
BP-Light small will work best.

James,

Greetings. The link to the v-bulletin-mobile app is the right answer... Thanks much.

What I mean is, the app rather than using Safari is the right answer for using BPN on an iPad.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Chris Ober
11-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Will the iPad run Firefox or Opera? I'm just curious and have only played with the things in the store.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
11-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Will the iPad run Firefox or Opera? I'm just curious and have only played with the things in the store.

I just had an friend's iPad for a little while, but I think the idea is to get apps (from the iTunes store), so you can look there for what runs on the iPad. At a glance I didn't see Firefox or Opera but I did see a number of other browser apps.

For instance, while BPN doesn't work very well in Safari, there is an app, v-bulletin-mobile, for which you run BPN (I didn't have time to get this but am assuming it works given it's specifically designed for the forum software).

The iPad isn't a general purpose computer, but it runs whatever apps there are for it. The general purpose computer is the MacBook Air and I understand apps for it (ala iPhone and iPad) will be along soon.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Jay Gould
11-18-2010, 09:42 PM
My compliant with the iPad for BPN or other colored images is it over saturates the colors.

Having said that, I LOVE MY iPAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerry Perkins
11-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Hi Jay! How are you mate? There is an iPad in my near future... :cool:

Jay Gould
11-24-2010, 11:38 AM
James,

Greetings. The link to the v-bulletin-mobile app is the right answer... Thanks much.

What I mean is, the app rather than using Safari is the right answer for using BPN on an iPad.

Cheers,

-Michael-

App installed! Now what?

Sent from my ipad