PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Over the Dunes

Ed Vatza
11-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Sandy Hook, NJ

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/EdV_02/1010_Sandy_Hook_Sunrise_HDR_Photomatix_4_012-Edit-Edit.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
11-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Hey Ed,
Long time no see! Don't forget to post the camera specs when you get a chance.
I like where you placed the sun and the sky is fantastic. This looks like an HDR.....so you have some good detail in the FG.....perhaps a touch bright in the FG....but you have good seperation of the FG elements......so works for me. Not the easiest place to photograph.....so this turned out very nicely!

Dave Mills
11-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi Ed, I also welcome you back. The sky is very strong along with good sun placement. This does look like an HDR to me but you would have to confirm. Nice division of elements within the comp along with detail that pops. The weeds and the rocks seem to work well giving some foreground interest...

Ed Vatza
11-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi Roman, Hi Dave,

Greetings from Pennsylvania. Thought I would stick my toe back into the water and see how it goes.

Yes, this is a 3-image HDR (-2, 0, +2 EV). I find that I tend to like HDRs (these days mostly 3-image) for sunrises for the very reasons you've highlighted.

Ed

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Very nice HDR and composition, the plants are sharp and no ghosting and make your foreground very interesting