PDA

View Full Version : Return to Forum after post

Jonathan Ashton
11-12-2010, 12:16 PM
My computer has stopped returning to the forum after I make a post. I have tried clicking the box that is supposed to redirect if the auto option doesn't work - but still not joy. Any ideas please?

Roman Kurywczak
11-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Jonathan,
I'm having the same issue! I have to return to forum and them go back in! Quite the pain......but the tech team is aware of it. For now.....you have to take the long way!

James Shadle
11-12-2010, 05:49 PM
What browser and operating system are you using?

Roman Kurywczak
11-12-2010, 06:00 PM
IE and Vista. Used to work B4

Chris Ober
11-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I posted a question on the vendor forums on how to change the forums to redirect to the forum instead of to the post.

Right now, you can hit the back button a couple times quickly to get back to the forum or use the navigation at the top.

Example: this post shows -- Forums > Educational Resources > BPN Forum Resource, Tips and Tricks and Questions > Return to Forum after post> Reply to Thread for the navigation. Clicking on the Forum name "BPN Forum Resouce..." will take you back to the thread list.

Let's hope I get an answer from the support guys soon. I spent a while looking for a solution but came up empty.

Chris Ober
11-13-2010, 12:53 PM
We're closer... I installed a mod that does half of it so far. The site now has the option to redirect to the forum upon starting a new thread. Still looking for an option to do after a reply.

It's a user selectable option right now. If you look under your Settings >> General Settings
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions ... There is a section "New Thread Saving Preferences:"

Chris Ober
11-29-2010, 10:11 AM
It's fixed...

It took a little while but the developer changed the plugin to allow redirection to the forum after replies instead of going right back to the message you just replied to.

In your Settings > General settings this section is available for you to choose which you would like better.

It says New Thread but it includes replies as well.