PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Vallarta Church

Mike Landwehr
11-12-2010, 09:48 AM
The Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe has long been recognized as a symbol of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. This shot of the church steeple, taken from the Malecon at 7:43 in the evening (according to the clock on the church) three weeks ago, was processed with one of the Topaz Labs filters.

Canon 7D
Canon 28-135mm @ 135mm
ISO 200
.8 sec @ f/18
Tripod

Roman Kurywczak
11-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey Mike,
I like how the steeples are offset but a few minor tweaks will take this up a notch. You can either patch/clone/or crop the bright area in the bottom of the frame....in the tree (scroll eliminating it) and that immediately improves the image. You can then debate what other areas you want to minimize too....but that one area alone will do the trick for me. I think the white area and branch in the LL steeple.....whould also be cleaned up.....but those aren't as distracting as the main culprit. I think you chose a cool effect and comp wise....this works nicely so just the small tweak will take this up a notch or 2. Well done overall!

Mike Landwehr
11-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Some very good advice, Roman. Many thanks!

Dave Mills
11-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi Mike, the bright area on the bottom that Roman pointed out was the first thing I noticed also. Agree that taking that area out in the ways Roman suggested would strengthen the image. I like the softening effect the filter applied especially on the trees. I would prefer the branch out on the left but agree it's not a major issue. The sky has some interest due to it being broken up and not solid grey. I like alot of elements in the image...

Robert Amoruso
11-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Mike,

Roman and Dave captured my thoughts. I like the inclusion of the birds.