PDA

View Full Version : Canvasback

Gary Esman
11-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Skipped out of work a few hours early today. Very happy to get one of these guys to come in close enough.

7D, f/8, 1/1000, iso 640, 500mm + 1.4 tc.

Thank you for your time looking and appreciate any comments.

Daniel Cadieux
11-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Always fun to skip out of work for bird photography ain't it!! You got a nice look-back pose from this fella - great view of the sloping forehead these guys are known for. Striking eye too. I find some of the lines in the BG a bit distracting, but not too bad. Was an even lower angle possible?

Gary Esman
11-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Always fun to skip out of work for bird photography ain't it!! You got a nice look-back pose from this fella - great view of the sloping forehead these guys are known for. Striking eye too. I find some of the lines in the BG a bit distracting, but not too bad. Was an even lower angle possible?

Thanks Daniel! No a lower angle is not possible here unless I shoot through a chain link fence. Maybe some day they will cut us a hole in the bottom that the 500 will fit through:D

Gary.

Randy Stout
11-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Gary:

As Daniel mentioned, great profile view which really shows off the sloping forehead/bill.
Great eye, well exposed.

Last time I was there, the canvas backs were still stuck in the weeds, but a female buffle head did wander by. Now if we can just get the male to come in too!

Randy

Nico Steenberg
11-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Great low angle and eye contact. Like that eye. Subject is sharp and well exposed with good colours. Well done :)

Bonnie Block
11-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Love the head turn and the details present. Good work getting this one in tough light and through the fence!

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-13-2010, 04:20 AM
Nice angle and love the pose. The eye is gorgeous. I was thinking of the lines in the BG and funnily I am OK with them. Nice one mate. :)

Jim Crosswell
11-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Great image Gary! I like the HA and sharpness in this one.

Bill Dix
11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Wonderful head turn, and beautifully exposed. I guess I'm going to have to visit SW Michigan.