PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Goat Kids

DanWalters
01-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Captured this image this past summer on Mount Evans.

Canon 1D Mark2
300mm IS f/4 lens

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I love this Dan. It is just as cute as can be but I feel if the crop was not quite as tight and that a little was cropped from the left to off set the kids so they are not so centered that this would strengthen the image considerable. It is so wonderful and a real keeper.

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Geez, Walter, you need a cuteness alert for this!!! :eek:

I agree with Judy, crop not being the best it could be. We need more room at the top and less at the left. Hope the original file will allow that.

Looking good!!!m :)

Alfred Forns
01-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Those are my favorites Love M Goats !!!! Excellent suggestions particularly the cuteness alert !!!!! One Sweet image !!!

Steve Metildi
01-04-2008, 02:18 AM
This is a very cool image and it's great to eye contact from both kids. I would have been tempted to shoot it as a vertical depending on what the rest of the rock looked like.

Steve

D. Robert Franz
01-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Whats not to like here. I sure miss getting up there in thesummer. This would have made a fine verticle crop as well.. Well done Dan!

Kathy Kunce
01-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi Dan,

Good to see you on this forum as well as out in the field at "our" favorite Colorado places. Love this shot, especially the sharpness with an IS lens. Knowing how quickly the kids can move around, composition is great.

Best regards, Kathy

Fred J. Lord
01-04-2008, 06:10 PM
You have such a wonderful image here to work with that it's nearly impossible for me to think of nits to pick. The cropping issue raised is a valid one and would improve what is already a truly fine image. We were up there surveying bird life this summer but didn't find any wonderful mammal scenes like this one. Good shooting!

Judd Patterson
01-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Beyond cute! What a great looking pair of kids.Beautiful work Dan.

Jasper Doest
01-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Too cute (but also a bit too tight in frame for my taste). Perhaps a vertical version would have worked better here...but this is soo cute it works either way! Congrats on such a nice image.