PDA

View Full Version : wildebeest_zebra_scape

peter delaney
11-09-2010, 07:26 AM
D3 200-400mm 1/1000 f8 iso 400

similar image posted before but no OOF wildebeest in FG. Just experimenting out different PP and compositions, I know its not going to be everybody s cup of tea...

Marc Mol
11-09-2010, 07:52 AM
It appears about 1 1/2 stops overexposed on my cal monitor Peter, unless that is the effect you're after?

Steve Kaluski
11-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Hi Peter, I prefer this in terms of composition, although the 'washed out' feeling I'm not sure about, has a feeling of an old cowboy shot of the mid 1800's to me? :D

Rachel Hollander
11-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Peter - I believe the overexposure was the effect you were experimenting with based on your other post. I think this works better without the row of oof wildebeasts. However, I no longer find myself so drawn to the zebras interacting.

TFS,
Rachel

Hilary Hann
11-09-2010, 10:57 PM
I like this comp better than the previous one and agree with other comments. I love Peter K's repost but know that wouldn't be acceptable in a purely 'wildlife photography' situation. But as a picture … fantastic.

So I'd go for this OP over the previous one, but would be interested to see if you can bring some extra depth to the wildebeest, keeping the lovely ethereal background as is. If I hadn't seen the first zebras, I'd be going OMG, these zebra are fantastic … just floating in the dust, going about their business!

And only now have I seen the bird amongst the wildebeest. That's why I love images like this. So much to see and explore.

peter delaney
11-10-2010, 01:36 AM
thanks guys and gals, this experimenting is so frustrating... think I will take a break for a while,

Marc agree its a bit to over exposed ,Steve I was trying to get an old wash look to images but not happening at the moment.
Rachel ,, agree , totally
Peter k love your repost , wish I cud do that , must watch my PS tutorials one day..

Hilary ,thanks for comments , believe it or not I didnt notice the egrets for quite a while as well. I love these kind of images were there is a lot going on as well but as I am finding out that doesnt always make for a good image... will get there one day..

really appreciate everyones input .. so big thanks,,

peter delaney
11-10-2010, 04:16 AM
thanks peter ...u do make it sound easy... so will give it a bash.. a big thanks again

Robert Amoruso
11-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Peter D.

I like what Peter Kes did with merging the two images.

I think one thing you might try as using a selective color adjustment layer and adding black to the black, neutral and perhaps white colors. I like what you are trying to do, but the low contrast I don't feel is working. Adding black to black and neutral will make the wildebeest pop.

Harshad Barve
11-14-2010, 07:56 AM
love the perspective here
TFS