PDA

View Full Version : Blacksmith Plover

lee bothma
11-09-2010, 05:45 AM
Captured this image In the start of this month, Lay on my stomach at the waters edge to get the low angle.

1/640sec @ f/6.3 ,ISO 640, Canon 7D, Canon 400mm, +0.3 ev

denise ippolito
11-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Lee, I never saw one of these, so thanks for sharing. I like the low angle and the pose. Nice details in the darks. Not alot of detail in the whites on the head but it is probably the viewing size. I like the natural looking environment and the gradient BG. I might tone down the dark and light spots on the right if it were mine. Lovely image.

Craig Brelsford
11-09-2010, 08:22 AM
This plover lover highly appreciates this image of an African species. Good low perspective. Good exposure, though the white on the head is getting into risky territory. As Denise said, good details on the blacks.

Mark Young
11-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Nice low angle, I like the soft yellow light on the bird.

Ken Watkins
11-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Very nice image of a bird best watched with ear plugs;)

As mentioned the whites may look better slightly toned down.

Daniel Cadieux
11-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Wow, this is an awesomely wicked looking plover!! wonderful plumage, and the red eye is quite striking. Nice raised foot pose, and great low angle. I wouldn't mind seeing the blotches along the top edge of the water smoothed out more, and maybe a bit off the bottom, but man this is just an all around great image!

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Lee, stunning shot. Light is great. Low angle is just perfect. And superb exp. and sharpness.

If anything, I'd take a tad of the bottom(judging by the other leg, I think u have enuff for virtual leg) and have a tad more at top. It might be personal preference, but I prefer more room at top than bottom if the bird is looking straight.

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Very impressive looking bird; love the low angle and nice light. Raised foot adds a lot of interest. :)