PDA

View Full Version : Another Cassious Blue

Leon Robinson Jr.
11-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Not the best perch but again, one of my favorite BFlies!

Canon 7D - Tamron 180 + 25 Tube - 1/800 - f3.5 - ISO 400 - FF - HH - Sig Crop

Dave Leroy
11-09-2010, 09:43 AM
An interesting composition and I like it. I don't recall seeing photos of the butterfly headed off the vegetation.

Lovely colours and the tattered leaf does not bother me at all.

It seems to be a perfect angle to me.

Anita Bower
11-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Nice job. Pleasing composition, perfect bg, nice position of butterfly. Mixed feelings about the tattered leaf--doesn't bother me much but it does draw my attention away from the butterfly. You could probably fix it with cloning if you were so inclined. I favor tight crops, so would crop this image all around, but that is a personal preference. Lovely butterfly!!

Ken Childs
11-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey Leon, the butterfly looks great! The BG and comp look good, too. I don't mind the tattered leaf but I would like to see at least the front edge of it in focus. You probably could have used a smaller aperture for more DOF and still have had a fast enough SS for a nice HH shot. The BG looks a little noisy so running some NR on it would be a good idea. All in all, I like it a lot! :)

Steve Maxson
11-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi Leon. This image has a lot going for it! A beautiful butterfly, excellent exposure, good sharpness, nice comp, and a pleasing background. The tattered leaf doesn't bother me. I would agree about running some NR on the background. Very well done.

Julie Kenward
11-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Ken and Steve nailed the critique for me but I'll add that I would rather see him upright. I know they do perch this way in real life but it always looks awkward to me. Just my two cents...

Roman Kurywczak
11-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Hey Leon,
I'd imagine the noise is due to the significant crop.....still and easy fix and some NR should do the trick! I think you should re-visit this one.....not because of the torn leaf!......I actually like that!!! I do think if you rotate this CW....and then crop similar to what you have in the OP....this will work very nicely! Just some options for you to explore! Nice job overall!

Mike Moats
11-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Hey Leon, very well done, leaf is fine, good details, comp, BG.