PDA

View Full Version : Matte paper favorites for Epson R2400

Wayne Nicholas
03-14-2008, 03:28 AM
I need some opinions on matte papers being used with the R2400. These will be mostly B & W and wildflower prints. Any thoughts are appreciated. The sooner the better.

Thanks.

Anita Rakestraw
03-21-2008, 03:06 AM
I'm much less experienced than most here and there are many papers I have not tried. I've never tried a matte finish that I like. I do have the R2400, however, and use the Ultra Premium Photo Paper in Luster finish. It's neither glossy or matte and I like it alot, better than anything I've ever used.

Robert Amoruso
03-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Moab Entrada. Legion Paper Company bought Moab out but retained this paper, my favorite. As far as matte goes this is the best one I have tried to date. Tonal separation is excellent and prints look sharp.

Gib Robinson
03-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Wayne,

There is a Yahoo group called Digital Black and White The Print (search it as one word on yahoo - digitalblackandwhitetheprint ). The group members are extremely knowledgeable and, in my experience, very ready to walk new members through their questions about printing, paper, combinations, etc. I don't know of any resource where you would find information on the subject of paper, ink, or printers.
If you find the answer, I'd be delighted to know how it works.

Here's the group's description:

This forum was founded for the discussion and exchange of information about all the technologies and techniques that can be used to produce a quality B&W print from a digital source. The intent here is to bring together those resources in one location to further the craft and technology of B&W output. This forum is not affiliated with any commercial venture and is open to all. The group moderators do not check messages for content before they are posted except for the initial posts by new members in order to filter out spam. See the group rules and guidelines in the Files section of this page for detailed information:

Good luck,

--Gib (also an R2400 owner and B&W printer who uses Epson Ultra Premium Luster paper)