PDA

View Full Version : In pursuit of Impala.

Marc Mol
11-08-2010, 08:12 AM
This is Shingu, the Cheetah mother of 6 cubs from an earlier post here:
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?74176-Mum-and-6-cubs

We had only a small number of vehicles at this sighting one fine early Mara morning when she set out after Impala, she was gaining fast on the group when all of a sudden she turned off the turbo boost and backed off, perhaps not singling out one particular individual?
I left the three cut Impala in to enhance the sense of chaos in the chase, others might disagree, interested to hear others POV. Approx 30% crop from the right.

D3s 500VR 1/2500s ISO800@f/5.6 Masai Mara, Kenya Oct 2010

C & C
most welcome

Cheers
Marc

Ken Watkins
11-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Marc,

I have to say this does not work for me, the Cheetah is at the wrong angle and the dissapearing Impalla distract as well.

Not that I should complain I have never got an image of a Cheetah chasing after prey.

Marc Mol
11-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Marc,

I have to say this does not work for me, the Cheetah is at the wrong angle and the dissapearing Impalla distract as well.

Thanks Ken, would have liked to have had the chase heading toward me, so this is more of a documentary shot.

Rachel Hollander
11-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Marc - I agree with your self critique and Ken's that this works better as a record shot of what you saw. In addition to the action heading away from you, I find the oof bush in the middle of the fg distracting.

TFS,
Rachel

Haim Ziv
11-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Just who was in Africa and saw these scenes can appreciate the effort needed to capture this fast and surprising moments
I like it as it is.

Harshad Barve
11-14-2010, 07:50 AM
She is great mother Man , excellent perspective here
TFS