PDA

View Full Version : Washington Oaks State Park - Florida

AJ Witt
11-08-2010, 07:21 AM
A view of a somehwhat drab sunrise yesterday morning.

ISO 200
f/22
0.3 sec
+1.0 exp comp

All comments welcomed...thanks!

Roman Kurywczak
11-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey AJ,
While maybe not the most colorful....the clouds are very interesting and have great depth. You may want to try bringing out some more detail in the water and perhaps lightening the UR of the rocks a touch.....but the diagonal comp of the rocks and the great clouds work overall for me. The central placement of the sun works here for me too....because of the clouds but I hope you did take a few with it offset. Very good job controlling the sun and composing this overall!

Dave Mills
11-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi AJ, Roman said it all for me with not much to add. I agree about the coloration but the dramatic clouds have a tendancy to overcome that issue. Strong diagonal rock foreground with pleasing soft light. Based on the comp the sun placement works fine....Compositionally well handled...

Andrew McLachlan
11-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi AJ, a nicely composed scene. Agree with the above suggestions too. I love the waves, but this would also be a great shot to do with strong ND filter to smooth out the water. Well done!

Robert Amoruso
11-09-2010, 12:03 PM
AJ,

I too agree with the above comments. One thing I will added. There is a bright rock in the water where the sun is reflecting. I would reduce its brightness.

Ron Bernstein
11-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Very nice image and great comments! Would love to see another try incorporating the suggestions.