PDA

View Full Version : New Member - First Post - GBHeron

Kirk Benson
03-14-2008, 02:17 AM
I was recently referred to this site as I have just started imaging birds and I'm enjoying it a lot. What a fantastic resource this site is, very happy to be a new member.

Nikon D70, 70-300 VR-II, 1/500 @ f/8, -0.7 EV, Auto WB, ISO 200. Full frame, no crop. Only PP is resize, USM, convert to jpeg. Bolsa Chica Wetlands late in the afternoon. Thanks for looking.

Daniel Cadieux
03-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Welcome to BPN Kirk, and a wonderful first post! I normally don't really like bright highlights in the BG but here I don't mind them as it portrays the rushing water the heron was in (or close to). I'd probably only clean up the one touching the top of the bill. Maybe a better head angle would be preferred, but the concentrated hunting pose and stare look good :-) Keep them coming!

Arthur Morris
03-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Welcome. Please see the head Angle Police tutorial in Educational Resources to avoid future arrests and prosecutions.

thanks and later and love, artie

Kirk Benson
03-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Thank you Officer Morris, I appreciate the heads-up on Head Angle. Very informative thread, now ignorance of the law is no longer an excuse. Thanks again and keep teaching me. Kirk

Arthur Morris
03-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi Kirk, If you want to learn, you have come to the right place. Best of luck, and later and love, artie

Steve Ashton
03-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi Kirk, Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do. Great start with this image I like it a lot. the water and reflections add a lot to the image.

Steve Wheeler
03-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Welcome to BPN Kirk!

Very nice image...

Steve