PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Services

Mikko Viljamaa
11-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi,

I tried to find a thread which would recommend a good scanning service. I would like to get some old slides professionally scanned. Any recommendations to where to send them?

Thanks,

Mikko

Mikko Viljamaa
12-10-2010, 08:19 PM
I didn't get too many responds (0 to be exact) so I thought that I'll try my luck with one of the companies I found by googling. I ended up using DigMyPics (which I think is in Arizona). Their service was fast and for the price I paid ($0.69/pc) I thought they did a good job. Overall I chose 50 slides which were all scanned to 4000 dpi tiff-files. The file size seems to be around 50 Mb's / file.

Below is an example slide which I quickly put thru Photoshop, nothing fancy, but I wanted to do some sharpening (maybe even too much) and NR.

I have no strings attached to this company nor do I know these people. I was just thinking that if somebody else needs services like this, here is at least one option.

Cheers,

Mikko

PS. Image was taken in 2000 with EOS3 and Canon 300/2.8 lens.

Andrew Merwin
12-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Mikko, thanks for the info. I wondered what to do with my slides & this gives me something to consider. Based on your posted image, it looks like they did a good job.