PDA

View Full Version : Anole #1

WIlliam Maroldo
11-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Sony A850~ Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro~Sony HVL-F58AM~ISO 400~1/320 sec~F/16~HH~manual exposure/manual flash~11-4-2010~Houston Arboretum~CS5

I noticed this guy while looking for suitable insects to photograph, and was able to get a few snaps off before he noticed me. The background is a bit cluttered, and I have the PS skills to alter it, but I thought I'd post it unalterred. Pretty happy with the DOF, and detail, though getting the back in focus would have been nice. Comments and critique welcomed. regards~Bill

my website (http://avianimagesource.com)

Ken Childs
11-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Hey Bill, this looks great! Sure, it would have been nice if the BG was less cluttered but the eye contact you captured is enough to keep my interest. You did a really good job with the flash. If you feel like working it some more, I'd like to see what it looks like with the BG evened out and blurred a bit more.

Jay Sheinfield
11-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Bill,

I agree with Ken. This image is way worth putting some additional time in................I might just clone out the the bright stuff behind the Lizards neck on hte left and then the same or darken the leaf behind is mouth.

Great detail and color. Love the eye contact, just gazing back at the viewer. I think you placed that eye just right in the frame. Having the foot, just sharp enough and resting on the leaf also adds interest to the image. Although I might try to get a hair more sharp.
Good job!

Roman Kurywczak
11-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Hey Bill,
Light is fantastic and I agree with above 2 comments....mostly the UL stem and such......and this one will really shine!!! Still very well done!

Steve Maxson
11-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi Bill. You captured a very nice pose here with the head profile, eye contact, and arching back. I don't mind the falloff in sharpness on the lower back - it just directs my eye back to the very sharp head. The angle of the foot adds interest. I like that the background didn't go completely black and I would agree with trying to tweak some of the background elements. Well done.

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Hello Bill

This guy remainds me of our green anole, glad you left the BG untouched, I'm not against PS and cloning which I use every now and then but...