PDA

View Full Version : Any one else getting this?

Trey Barron
11-05-2010, 10:26 PM
I have not been around much lately, but have tried to get on the last several nights. I have had this message appear on several threads. I can go into the forums and see thumbnails and threads listed, but when I click on the link I get this message. I do not know if it something on my end or if the server is just receiving a lot of traffic when I am on. Any ideas?

503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily busy, try again later! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server (http://www.litespeedtech.com/)
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

Ken Watkins
11-05-2010, 11:21 PM
I hve had this in the past, using Firefox , but not recently. I asked the same question back then and nobody seemed to have an answer.

Perhaps the message is correct as it is definitely very intermittent.

Trey Barron
11-06-2010, 12:50 AM
I guess I did not scroll down far enough since this has been asked before. I have cleared the cache and history as suggested in another post and still nothing. I guess I will have to get on at slower times during the day and see if that makes a difference. I am using FireFox.

Chris Ober
11-06-2010, 08:31 AM
I haven't experienced that one yet. Since the usual maintenance stuff didn't work for you, (I never heard about the other case), and it is still happening, I'll see if the provider can open a ticket for it. Some quick searches seem to point too a server configuration.

The more details you can give us about when it's happening would be great and could help them pinpoint things in log files. What times and what links are affected and is it multiple browsers? Is there a delay before the message is displayed or is it immediate? Do some links works and not others or is it all?

Thanks!

Trey Barron
11-06-2010, 09:42 AM
It has been happening mostly in the evenings from around 8:30 until 10:00pm. It has been in Avian, Wildlife, Friends and Family, and in this forum. When I posted this question it took me to the same screen. I then opened another tab in the browser and saw that it was listed, but could not get to it. There is a slight delay the first time I click on the link and then is immediate if I click it again. It is most of the links in the listed forums although I will occasionally get one to work. I have not tried another browser yet and it is not doing it now. There have been 170 plus users on and up to ~190 when it has been happening. It was doing it on both my desktop and laptop, but is not doing it on either now. If it happens again I will try Explorer to double check. I ran a total clean on my computers including registry and all the history, cache, and cookies. I do not know if this fixed it or not. I figure it is on my end since it does not appear to be happening to anyone else.

Thanks Chris.