PDA

View Full Version : Undefeated

Dawn Currie
11-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Photograph of barracks at Castillo de San Marcos in St Augustine, Florida. This fort has never been defeated in war and still stands untouched by weather (inc. hurricanes) and time. This is a contemporary digital photograph that was converted to black and white, sepia toned, and a texture layer and text added. Some cloning done to eliminate short poles and chain around the parade ground.

denise ippolito
11-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Dawn, I like the presentation and the aging. It looks like a great place to get some interesting shots. I like the choice of font too. The border color might be just a little too tan? Let's see what others say. Nice work!:)

Cheryl Slechta
11-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Dawn, I really like the postcard look and the font you used. I think a little more texture on the grass would make that part look a little older. It kind of looks like a golf course and the rest of it looks really old. I like the toning also.

Christopher Miller
11-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Hi Dawn, Excellent old photo look! Nice composition and the worn texture, sepia toning, and antique border are all superb. I like it a lot as is, but I think Denise's and Cheryl's suggestions might make it even better.