PDA

View Full Version : Pelican interaction

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-05-2010, 09:40 AM
40D. 400f5.6L wide-open. iso 320. 1/2500s. Since it was early morning warm light, I have kept the WB to reflect that. The other option was to go with pure white which will make the water more blue and pretty too. But I decided to keep it warm.

Pelicans arrrive here right now. Some move on and a small group stays through the winter. So right now, there are more birds than perches...so they are always jostling each other. I wish I had good HA on both, but it did not happen. I have to shoot from a fishing pier at this spot...so going lower was not an option.

All comments welcome.

Stu Bowie
11-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Kaus, the dentral placement works well, and you have captured the interaction nicely. I feel the angle is fine here, and would maybe just add a tad to the bottom for the virtual legs of the pelican on the left. Good sharp detail throughout. Well done.

Charles Scheffold
11-05-2010, 11:20 AM
You did a good job exposing this - no blown out whites. Very nice interaction captured here.

Charles

denise ippolito
11-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Lovely exposure, sweet moment and I really like the blue water and the WB looks pleasing to me. It does seem a bit tight. Nicely done.

Craig Brelsford
11-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Not blowing the whites is a real accomplishment. You achieved that by getting out early, of course. I wouldn't mind a bit looser of a crop.

Krijn Trimbos
11-06-2010, 06:51 AM
Lovely interaction here with some great light. I agree with Stuart about the room at the bottom and would probably also take smidge of the top. Good shot!

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Fabulous interaction mate! Love the two and the whites are very, very good IMHO. I feel it's a little tight overall though, for my taste perhaps?

Well done mate.