PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle amongst some fall foliage

Charles Scheffold
11-04-2010, 08:21 PM
This is my first image post on the BPN forum. I'm sure I will be posting lots of eagles, so might as well start off with one!

Early morning sun... the bird landed on this high branch and I only had a few seconds to capture this before he turned around and left me with a butt shot :)

Canon 1D Mark IV
500/4L IS + 1.4x TC
1/1600s @ f/8
ISO 800
Cropped from about 3/4 of the frame

Randy Stout
11-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Charles:

A big welcome to BPN. We like eagles!

Interesting image, as I have not seen many with fall leaves. Sharp, well exposed, good DOF.
The cluttered perch makes it a bit of a challenge, esp. the cluster of small branches covering part of the birds left wing.
Shooting angle a bit steep, but a common issue with eagle pictures:D

Hope to see more!

Thanks for your membership support.

Cheers

Randy

Charles Scheffold
11-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Charles:
Interesting image, as I have not seen many with fall leaves. Sharp, well exposed, good DOF.
The cluttered perch makes it a bit of a challenge, esp. the cluster of small branches covering part of the birds left wing.
Shooting angle a bit steep, but a common issue with eagle pictures:D

Thanks for the comments, Randy! Agreed on all points - my first time seeing an eagle with fall leaves like this, so I was willing to make some concessions.

And yes I have many more eagle images coming up :)

thanks
Charles

Alan Murphy
11-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Interesting shot. I like the raised wings. A little busy for me.

Duane Noblick
11-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Welcome to BPN and I agree with the above comments but I do like the setting with the fall foliage surrounding the Eagle.

Stu Bowie
11-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Im glad you had a clear shot of the head, and good to see the wings ready for take off. I have to agree with Alan that the surroundings are a tad busy.