PDA

View Full Version : Purple Crested Turaco (Lourie)

Loukie Viljoen
11-04-2010, 12:31 PM
There are quite a few problem areas but I uploaded for interest sake, regards.

Katie Rupp
11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Loukie,
A beautiful bird and one I've not seen before. Thanks for posting.

Morkel Erasmus
11-04-2010, 03:20 PM
just to even get a shot of this elusive birds (IMHO the most beautiful in Southern Africa) out in the open like this is a rare feat Loukie...and it's sharp and well exposed too. have you got one with the crimson primaries extended?

Arthur Morris
11-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Amazing bird and colors and nicely framed. Setting less than ideal esp. the one big VERT branch and could use a bit more room below.

Craig Brelsford
11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Not being familiar with the purple crested turaco, I can't properly determine the value of this shot. Morkel's comment gives me a hint, though. It seems that the turaco is shy and rarely seen and that therefore this shot is some achievement. Thanks for uploading it "for inerest's sake." Looks as if the end of the tail was out of the original frame, but perhaps, as Artie said, you can give us a little more room at the bottom.

Loukie Viljoen
11-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Morkel unfortunately the crimsom primaries are only seen in flight, I was just glad to get what I got. Craig the tail end is in just adjust the bottom slider towards the right side. Artie & Co the bird just came to drink water, it is on the waters edge, to remove :) the vertical branch I would have had to swim through crocodiles and hippos, that much I wont sacrifice for a photo and hope the bird wont fly. Morkel will appreciate the set up at Lake Panic hide in Kruger Park

Craig Brelsford
11-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Right. The tail is definitely in.