PDA

View Full Version : Something else very strange.

Richard Stern
11-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Yesterday I posted an image of a Herring gull in the Avian forum (1024 pixel width, as usual). 2 people have noted that they have to scroll the image to see the right hand side. I don't need to, and nor have I ever needed to do that. I have never needed to scroll any other image. I posted the image using Safari on my Macbook Pro 17", and I have looked at it in Firefox as well - no problem for me.

But sometimes I browse BPN on my Iphone, and today for the first time I found that all the thumbnails, when looked at this way, are missing their right hand sides! This has never happened before, and images on other websites are just fine. After clicking the broken thumbnails on the phone, the complete images come up OK.

Any clues as to what's happening?

Thanks,

Richard

Chris Ober
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
If their screen resolution isn't as high as yours, they might have to scroll to the right to see a large image. I have to do this on a laptop I use occassionally that only supports a 1024x768 resolution.

Forum software borders and formatting + 1024px wide images = scrolling on smaller screens or resolutions.