PDA

View Full Version : Common Kingfisher Pair

RAM MALLYA
11-03-2010, 04:09 AM
I know that i could have got bot of em in focus by choosing a higher F number . But was concentrating on only bird at the moment.

Shutter speed 1/800
Aperture F/4
ISO 400
Lens 600mm L IS USM
Camera body 1D Mark II N

C&C welcome

Jonathan Ashton
11-03-2010, 04:33 AM
The image of the bird in the foreground is excellent. The one behind is a question of personal choice. Whilst it is a change to get the environment or as in this case more than one kingfisher in the same frame I ask myself does the one in the background actually add to or enhance the image in the foreground. For me it does not but as I said I think the bird in the foreground is excellent.

Daniel Cadieux
11-03-2010, 05:55 AM
The far KF is far enough away that no amount of stopping down would have brought it any where near full focus. Having said that, I don't mind it there. I do wish the front KF would have swung his head our way more, and would add back a bit of canvas below and right if you have it. You could also clean up the white streak on the perch.

subramanya_ck
11-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Nice pose of the Bird. I feel cloningthe OOf KF will be even better

Stu Bowie
11-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I like the pose and beak following the line of the perch. Ive always liked the colours on these common KF's. I agree with Dan, that more stopping down wouldnt have helped bring the other KF into focus. I would have tried to move to my left and got the back KF out of the line of sight.