PDA

View Full Version : View from the porch

Bill Randall
11-02-2010, 06:34 PM
More NM back roads. Two curves adjustments. Sharpen after resize.

Hazel Grant
11-02-2010, 08:22 PM
waiting for John Wayne to walk up! Nice texture contrast of the porch wood to the hiss and sky. The dark cloud in upc is a bit distracting. I like the way the cabin on the right leads the eye out to the big West!

Morkel Erasmus
11-03-2010, 02:50 AM
nice storytelling shot here! agree on waiting for Mr Wayne to appear (or even Trinity ;))

I do find myself wishing the entire front pillar was included - which lens were you using?

The dark cloud doesn't bother me

Robert Amoruso
11-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I would agree with Morkel and have included the the FG post and boardwalk bottom in the FG - perhaps a lower angle too would make the sky look bigger (for that big-sky west look).

Great idea - you are definitely on the right track with your imaging.

Dave Mills
11-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi Bill, agree with comments above and also feel your on the right track with this comp.
Appreciate in the future you post your shooting specs which would help us to better analyze the image....

Chris Ober
11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Nice portrayal and the dark cloud doesn't bug me. I do find the front post sticks out a bit and might consider toning it down a bit. It seems out of place since it's much lighter than the rest of the place.

Bill Randall
11-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions and the encouragement. I'll keep trying and I will post the camera info in the future.

Roman Kurywczak
11-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey Bill,
Great observations above and I agree with them on the porch angle. If you find something you like....keep exploring angles....from wide to narrower....sometimes a move of only a few inches of crouching will change the scene dramatically. I really like the idea you were going for so if you can revisit....continue to explore it!