PDA

View Full Version : I know your in their somewhere, said the wolf to the mouse!

Grady Weed
03-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N, Shooting Date/Time 3/14/2008 14:04:05, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/200Sec. Av(Aperture Value) F11, Evaluative metering, Exposure Compensation +1/3, ISO 400, Lens EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM, Focal Length 300.0 mm, Image size 3504 x 2336, Image Quality RAW, Flash Off, White Balance, AI Servo AF.

Hand held kneeling down and leaning against chain link fence inside the pen with her about 15 feet away. This is cropped for a 16x20, about 80% of frame left here.

In light of the current debate raging on the ethics of cloning, I do not clone or change my subjects. This is "as is" from camera with minor adjustments for contrast, signed and cropped. Thank you for your honest comments.

Steve Canuel
03-13-2008, 06:41 PM
I like this one Grady. Some may comment on this needing a touch of sharpening but I like the soft look here and think it goes well with the fur. Only suggestion I might try, and this is a just a personal preference, is a touch of contrast on just the eyes to lighten and bring out just a touch of that beautiful yellowish-gold color that's in a wolf's eye.

Steve

Grady Weed
03-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks Steve! I was wondering how to improve her eye to make them more visible. Did not know how to do it.

geothomas
03-13-2008, 09:07 PM
This is a fine picture of a beautiful animal. I agree that if the eyes popped just a bit more that would send this over the top.

Anita Rakestraw
03-14-2008, 02:41 AM
Grady, she is so beautiful and I love this pose and overall fine job you did of her here with her nose in the snow. Love the title too! Agree her eyes could stand bringing out a bit more. Here is one way to do it: use the lasso tool to select the eye; then I did very small adjustments of brightness/contrast; sharpening; dodging the iris and burning the pupil. Then I used the dropper tool to select the orangish color from her fur as a foreground color and added just a few touches of it to her irises using the airbrush tool with very very light opacity. I then dodged slightly again and added a touch more saturation. What do you think?

P.S. This may be too much....first time I uploaded it, it looked alot darker than in my editing program....so I went back and dodged the eyes some more, uploaded and thought they looked too light, had to go back and burn a bit again....but you get the idea, I guess.

Grady Weed
03-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Well they certainly stand out more, I'll give you that! Since I don't remember what color her eyes are exactly, I will have to check. Thanks for the lesson.

Vincent Grafhorst
03-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Fantastic portrait Grady. Anita's repost is slightly overdone, but the idea is good and it will definitely make the image stronger.

D. Robert Franz
03-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Like the look the wolf gives you here.. A fine image and the repost has some merit, perhaps just a bit much...