PDA

View Full Version : Pure and simple

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-02-2010, 06:09 AM
Just a boring Aussie bird. 80% of the original frame, captured in a moment of somewhat desperate state. I have a pair always around my house. Wonder if you can work out where the bird was in relation to me when I took the photo. :)

30D, 300/4L IS + 1.4x, ISO500, f/5.6, 1.800th, + 1 2/3EC, 430EX with beamer @ +1/3EC

Stu Bowie
11-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey Bro, at first I would have said perched on the end of your lens, but your settings show you had a lot of glass, and would have maybe got the eye. The other end of the guess is that he was in the garden far away, and this is a huge crop. ( doesnt show any loss of IQ though ) Interesting pattern on the neck.

Stu Bowie
11-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Ok, my first part of my comment was a brain explosion. How could you have taken a shot, if he was perched on top of your lens.:confused::confused::confused:

Randy Stout
11-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Akos:

I think your spotted dove is rather pretty. Clearly shooting up to capture, and pretty steep angle too. I would have guessed he was perched on the roof edge. Our turtle doves do that a lot.

I really like the bird, but for some reason the stark background seemed a bit harsh for this very soft looking bird. I tried a version with the brightness of the background brought down a bit.

Just a matter of taste really.

Cheers

Randy

denise ippolito
11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Akos, I like the details and the pose. Nice comp.:)