PDA

View Full Version : Fracted Egret

Indranil Sircar
11-02-2010, 12:54 AM
I haven't done much fracting lately, so here is one... I had taken this image earlier today. I liked the open bill pose although couldn't help the ridgeline cutting across the bill. I will probably try another version changing that at a later date. For pp, I used two layers of fract glow 100 each with different scale, line width and brightness. Then used layer masks and brush to get the effect. Applied usm on the final web version. Hope you like it.

denise ippolito
11-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Indranil, The fract work looks nice and the colors are wonderful. I agree w/ you regarding the merge- but the open bill and flight pose are great!

Judy Howle
11-02-2010, 12:14 PM
I love everything about this one! The scene, the egret with open mouth, the nice colors and the fract work.

Christopher Miller
11-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Very nice, Indranil! I agree with your self-critique regarding the ridge line, but the pose, open bill, and frac work are outstanding. Well done.

Andrew McLachlan
11-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Nice work here Indranil. Also agree with you regarding the bill merging with the horizon. Look forward to seeing the updated version when you get to it.

Paul Lagasi
11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
You've used just enough frac effect and like the open mouth and colors...well done

Steve Adkins
11-03-2010, 08:08 AM
I really like the combination of effects and the final image, Indranil. The egrets smoothness adds to an ancient (dinosaur) feeling for me. TFS!!!