PDA

View Full Version : Magellanic Horned Owl

Leandro Herrainz
11-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Hello! i took this picture on Rio Gallegos, Santa Cruz province on argentinian patagonia. hope you like it, suggestions and comments are welcome.

Canon 20D + Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS + Canon 2x II
Av 7.1
Tv 320
Iso 800

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2295/acurutu2.jpg

http://leandroh.blogspot.com/

Arthur Morris
11-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Wow. A beautiful, beautiful bird. Sharp with a perfect exposure. I like the BKGR but for a few light spots esp. the one right above the bird's head. I wish only that the bird had been looking right at you.

My what talons! We are assuming that this is a free and wild bird. Are we correct?

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
11-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Very cute owl, love the pose and how it appear to give me a lazy gaze, wonderful. The bird looks sharp with good details and also like the composition. Might try to lighten the bird a tiny bit more.

Arthur Morris
11-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Very cute owl, love the pose and how it appear to give me a lazy gaze, wonderful. The bird looks sharp with good details and also like the composition. Might try to lighten the bird a tiny bit more.

If you were a mouse you might not think that the owl was so cute...

Leandro Herrainz
11-01-2010, 09:22 PM
of course that is a free bird, one friends tell me about the plase where they live, i went there 2 years a go and I come back 15 days a go and all the family (3 of them) still there, thanks for your comments.

Leandro

Arthur Morris
11-01-2010, 09:27 PM
You are a lucky man :) And the bird was relatively tame for a big owl. Do they live in the woods or in open areas?

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
11-01-2010, 10:53 PM
If you were a mouse you might not think that the owl was so cute...

True :D But not only a mouse, some people in the up country area around here still think owl is a bad omen. If the owl landed on your roof and made a call, they believed somebody in the house will die. There are less of those people now, hopefully not many left since they will try to chase the owl away sometimes even harm them.

Pieter de Waal
11-02-2010, 12:01 AM
What a beautiful owl , nice soft light with detailed feather defenition and an expression that only Owls can have.

Thanaboon here in our country Owls are also considered to be a bad omen and not liked so it is good to hear that your Owls are apparently still thriving Leandro.

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-02-2010, 06:16 AM
Owls are my fave! this guys looks majestic. the light is good, soft. I would love a vertical presentation personally. Well done! :)

Arthur Morris
11-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanaboon and Pieter, Thanks for the info. Over here the owls are considered wise.