PDA

View Full Version : D300 settings

Michael P. Centanni
03-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Hey, this is my first post here. My good buddy and Guru George sent me to this site, so I figured I would post something other than just lurking:)
Just bought a D300:D An upgrade from D200. Trying to learn it before a big Italy trip in May!!!
So, if there are any users out there that has some tips and or settings that would be great.
Thanks to George he steered me right on my NEF setting. And flash sync! Thanks Buddy!

But heres something else, was outside taking pic's of the house for before new siding & windows and decks!!! Yeah I know, I would rather have bought camera stuff, but I have to live here, for now:( Had the camera set in manual, and the shutter speed kept changing when I took a pic! Almost like I was shooting in Aperature Priorty. I also noticed that the +/- compensation lite was flashing in the viewfinder and on the display. I am thinking I have some default setting thing going on. I really need to find some time and read the 400 page manual:( But thought I could get some great advice here in the meantime!

Thanks everyone for any info!!!!

Harry Behret
03-13-2008, 04:00 PM
If you were in manaul mode your shutter speed wouldn't change only the exposure meter in the view finder would indicate OE or UE. You would have to dial in a change of shutter speed.

George DeCamp
03-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Hey, this is my first post here. My good buddy and Guru George sent me to this site, so I figured I would post something other than just lurking:)

Well look who showed up !:D

Hope you get lots of answers or at least one that you like. Not sure what the problem is what the camera changing the aperture like that but if it continues ask for a new one!! :(

Fabs Forns
03-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Make sure your Ev compensation is set to 0. it affects the manual exposure.

Michael Yessik
03-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Here's a link to the complete settings guide for the D300:

http://www.nikonians.org/dcfp/user_files/85767.zip

Michael P. Centanni
03-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks George for sending me here!

Thanks everybody for the info. I found on page 119 , the flashing comp symbol and did what it said and now the problem is gone!

Michael thanks for the great spreadsheet!!!! Going to go through it step by step!