PDA

View Full Version : Quanah Parker Lake - Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge

Chris Ober
10-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Spent the week in OK at the refuge and had some great weather. 30D, 18mm, 1/2" @ f/22. I'm wishing there was more separation between the reflection and foreground...

Nick Palmieri
10-31-2010, 08:24 PM
The trick is to get some hip boots, walk out in the water and get the camera at water level...ha..I've just been hanging around Roman too much...I love the light, colors, exposure, and sharpness. May be slightly over-sharpened (if you look at the FG grass). May crop something off the sky. Overall very nice image.

Dave Mills
10-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi Chris,beautiful light with a nicely colored foreground. I hadn't noticed the sharpening issue until Nick mentioned it. I agree with your assessment regarding the merge and the reflection. Only way to avoid that in this location was to get higher.(no ladder available:)) The sky is taking up at least half the image with not alot of interest. I might crop 2/3rds of it and create a type of pano. I find the image stronger that way...

Robert Amoruso
11-01-2010, 07:57 AM
I know where Chris is and did a workshop there in 2008. Great like and good reflection. The sky with a curves correction to darken it and provide better separation between the blue and white would make this image sing.

Roman Kurywczak
11-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Hey Chris,
I find old shoes and shorts work best.....to heck with the waders! All kidding aside....I think the curves boost Robert mentioned will work wonders.....good catch by the others regarding the sharpness.....but easy revisit. Getting all the detail you can out of that sky will just take this up another notch so worth exploring. Light was sweet too.....so nicely done overall and the few tweaks will make this shine!

Andrew McLachlan
11-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Hi Chris, I like this image and agree with the above suggestions. Love the golden colored grasses.