PDA

View Full Version : Hope Springs Eternal

Gus Hallgren
10-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Hi Fellow Optomists;

Hope springs eternal and we sing that the sun will come out tomorrow despite the lack of hard evidence to support upbeat forecasts.

Now some scientists know why. They've identified the brain clusters responsible for optimism.
Optimism is a common human trait. For instance, people tend to expect to live longer (http://www.livescience.com/health/041101_optimist_heart.html) and be more successful than average, and underestimate their chances of getting divorced.

And I expect the Hummingbirds to arrive & pose for me ;)

Comments always welcome

Gus ;)aka Optimist :2eyes2:

Mark Fuge
10-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Neat image and application, Gus.

Reminds me of the phrase that "There is no scientific evidence to support the premise the life is serious". Kind of matches your theme somewhat! ;) :D

You could also label this ... to correctly light the image ... always keep the sun to your back! :2eyes2:

Gus Hallgren
10-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Neat image and application, Gus.

Reminds me of the phrase that "There is no scientific evidence to support the premise the life is serious". Kind of matches your theme somewhat! ;) :D

You could also label this ... to correctly light the image ... always keep the sun to your back! :2eyes2:

Thanks Mark; Like your "Sun to your back" comment. Gus

Judy Howle
10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
You made the most of your shadow! I like it! I usually get that when I DON'T want it:(

denise ippolito
10-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Gus, Very inventive and a great comp. too!

Cheryl Slechta
10-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Great image, Gus, and wonderful "food for thought.":)

Indranil Sircar
11-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Nice one, Gus. Like your thought process here...