PDA

View Full Version : Venice, FL - Slash Pines

Fred J. Lord
01-03-2008, 08:05 PM
This was shot last February. 1D Mark II, 24-70 @ 70mm. Seven vertical frames. The saw palmetto are wonderful when it's large enough to see them. Here, not so much.

Jason Hahn
01-03-2008, 09:15 PM
One of my favorite habitats to shoot in, I like the wide view of the pine flatwoods you have here, and the vibrant colors of the sky and foliage. The composition could be a little stronger for me , I don't feel my eye getting pulled through the scene by any lines or focal points, which is something I like to see in landscapes. I would also consider going wider or shooting from a lower angle to get the tops of the trees in the frame.

Not to be a rules monger, but if you could, please limit your image posts to once per 24 hours per forum. Thanks for your posts and enthusiasim in this new community, look forward to seeing more!

JAson

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Fred,

Nice looking technique on the stitching and the PS processing looks right on. The clouds and blue sky add drama. Jason has the nits covered. Thanks for posting.

David Kennedy
01-04-2008, 01:17 PM
I might suggest that it needs a little more contrast, actually. I don't think there are any--or at least, enough--true blacks in the image to ground the colors that grow to be quite wild. Adding "black to the blacks" in Selective Color might be all it needs.

Hillebrand Breuker
01-04-2008, 02:32 PM
very nice scene with vivid colors. I´d like to see the top of the trees though and I agree with David that it needs just a little bit more contrast.

Fred J. Lord
01-04-2008, 05:20 PM
It won't happen again. Posting too soon again, that is.

As to the contrast. It does look a bit flat at this size. I will look at it again. I may have posted an earlier version which did lack contrast.