White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 25mm
Lens = Tamron 17.0-50.0 mm f/2.8
ND 400
Tripod

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
11-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Adrian,

Greetings. The bright sharp tree trunks to my eye clash with the smooth water. My eye is drawn to the central white trunks. I'd suggest taking a look at the impact of a crop from the top to just above the top of the waterfall.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Adrian David
11-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Adrian,

Greetings. The bright sharp tree trunks to my eye clash with the smooth water. My eye is drawn to the central white trunks. I'd suggest taking a look at the impact of a crop from the top to just above the top of the waterfall.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Thank you Michael!
I was eager to learn, but it seems that no one else found anything good or bad, in this image...My experience in landscape photography is very limited, and any help is welcome...

Andrew McLachlan
11-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Adrian,

I think this scene has potential. I always try to shoot my woodland waterfall images in overcast light or on rainy days. The even lighting on those kind of days can't be beat for this type of work. I find most waterfalls near my home to messy locations - fallen trees or logs that get hung up in the flow of the river. I try to work around this by using hip waders and get as close as I can to eliminate those distractions. I will usually place a clear plastic bag over the camera and lens to keep mist and spray from the waterfall off the camera and compose my image through the bag. I will then pull the bag off, fine tune the focus and shoot. It usually helps. Hope this was helpful to you.