PDA

View Full Version : Coal Tit

Jonathan Ashton
10-31-2010, 05:27 AM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS ISO 160 -0.67 1/640 sec f5.
Another shot from the back garden using sunflower seeds as bait. Here the Coal Tit was becoming impatient with a Great Tit who was hogging the feeder. To get poses such as this I leave out one feeder only and cover all the ports bar one, this way the birds have to queue up for their tun at the feeder.

All C&C welcome.

Doug Brown
10-31-2010, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the pointer on your feeder technique Jon! I like the raised left foot and the ready-to-launch wings. Exposure is good. Sharpness isn't quite there. The 7D handles ISO 400 well, and the ISO bump would have given you a bit more shutter speed. Thanks for sharing!

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-31-2010, 07:51 AM
Not sure if this one does much for me personally. I would love to see at least a little bit of the bird (preferably head/eye) sharp even with some motion blur. Nice attempt! Your other shots of these guys are cracking mate! :)

Daniel Cadieux
10-31-2010, 08:20 AM
The action, perch, and BG all look good...but the motion blur is just too much here. I agree with raising the ISO...my default for birds, even without anticipated action, is 400 because you just never know!

Jonathan Ashton
10-31-2010, 10:34 AM
I agree I should have used a higher ISO, the light was very changeable so I thought I would try Auto IS just for the **** of it.