PDA

View Full Version : Another old water lily

Jay Sheinfield
10-29-2010, 02:59 PM
I took this last week in overcast conditions. Added some canvass, darkened the lily pad as it was full of sand/dirt. Tonal contrast on the flower for detail. My first try with PS Gradient Map.

Nikon DS3

ISO 1600
1/50@f/22

330mm
Hand held.

Comments pls..............

Steve Maxson
10-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Jay. The overall look and feel of this image are very appealing to me. The soft light, the overall sharpness, the water drops, and the diagonal upturned leaf edge all work well here. Very well done.

Anita Bower
10-30-2010, 11:19 AM
I agree with Steve. Nice job! Beautiful colors I like how the flower is perched on the leaf, as well as the dark bg. The close crop pleases me. A few small suggestions: you might darken the two petals at the bottom of the flower or paint them in with purple at low opacity; I would clone out the diagonal leaf part on the middle left side and would brighten up the flower, especially the center, a bit. You are doing a great job with these "old" water lilies.

John Hawkins
10-30-2010, 01:41 PM
i agree with Steve's comments. I like what you did with your pp. Could be a greeting card.

Ken Childs
10-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi Jay, Steve and Anita covered this very well and I agree with their comments and suggestions. A job well done! :cheers:

Jerry van Dijk
10-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi Jay, another wonderful lily. I like how these flowers seem to glow from within. What makes this stand out to me is the incredible amount of detail on the petals and the fact that there are some water drops on it.

Jay Sheinfield
10-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey, thanks folks. The feedback was good as always. Some good ideas to work on..................