PDA

View Full Version : Heading Home

Bill Dix
10-29-2010, 10:21 AM
I was going home after shooting on our local lake, and as I crossed the bridge I saw a great sunset to my left, and a sculler approaching the bridge on my right. I pulled off after crossing the bridge, grabbed the camera and ran out to the middle of the bridge. By then the sculler had passed under the bridge toward the sunset on his way to the boathouse, but didn't end up in quite the perfect position relative to the sun reflection; and the sun had dropped a little below its point of full glory. Still, I like the mood and I thought I'd post it for comment.

D90 | 80-400 VR @ 80mm | ISO 800 | 1/500s @ f/10 | +0.7 EV | HH

Geoff Warnock
10-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Nice idea. As you say, a shame that the sculler didn't play along. I often consider stopping at these kinds of opportunities myself, but where I see them often doesn't give me a chance!

Rachel Hollander
10-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Bill - I too agree with your self-critique but it is a lovely sunset.

TFS,
Rachel

Jeff Dyck
10-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Bill - agreed on the position in the self-critique. The colours and reflection are nice, but I think this would have been a much stronger image if the chop was off the water

Julie Kenward
10-29-2010, 06:32 PM
That is one beautiful red sunset! I love so much about this, Bill...but, as you said, the sculler is a bit "off". Still, very nice exposure on the sky and the fact that you can still make out a bit of detail on the boater.

John Chardine
10-29-2010, 08:23 PM
I like the way the warm colour in the water is undisturbed by the sculler- it is beckoning him, but he's not there quite yet. Now a little bit of HDR might have resulted in some detail in the trees!

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
10-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Very nice color in the sky. Love the mood in this one as well. It seems that not just birds that aren't cooperation sometimes :D