PDA

View Full Version : Sunset at Hart Lake

Nick Palmieri
10-29-2010, 07:05 AM
I took this image a few weeks ago in the Adirondacks on a trip with Roman K. There was a gorgeous sunset that we shot at every stage. I really liked this silhouette which included some cool fog coming off the water. 24-105mm at 50mm, ISO 100, f/22, SS 8secs.

Robert Amoruso
10-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Nick,

THis is cool and a great study of shapes and colors. The three FG rocks make it work.

I am wondering why the silhouettes of the rocks and mountains is not more defined (sharper)?

Nick Palmieri
10-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks Robert, I am looking at it on my work monitor and I agree about the silhouettes. Looks good in the original TIFF. I think it may have been the conversion. I really have to look at how I am converting these images for BPN, I spoke to Roman about it and I thought I had it down, but still see some problems...

Dave Mills
10-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi Nick, beautiful color along with nice rock placement. Agree on sharpness but a creative image nevertheless...

Michel Pilon
10-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Hello Nick,

Hi Nick, beautiful color along with nice rock placement. Agree on sharpness but a creative image nevertheless...

+1. But the colors are splendid and I really like your composition and the POV you managed in order to get those 3 rocks well defined over the water. I really would like to see the same pic with the rocks and mountains more defined...

Cheers,

Michel

Andrew McLachlan
10-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi Nick. agree with the above comments. Great sunset shot and love the 3 rocks in the foreground. I'd love to see it again when you get the conversion issue solved.

Susan Candelario
10-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Hey Nick,
I absolutely love the colors and the mood in this one! Would love to see this as a big print in the wall. Many people have issues when converting for the web. Glad to hear it looks good in the original.
~Susan

Judy Howle
10-30-2010, 11:54 AM
The colors are beautiful. I hope you get the conversion problems sorted out.

Roman Kurywczak
10-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Hey Nick,
We did have some sweet colors! One day I will get to them! As mentioned the rocks in the FG really make this image and when I get back we'll see if we can work on the upload issues!.......unless Susan beats me to it!