10-29-2010, 03:20 AM
Canon 7D
Canon 17/85 (85 mm)
1/13
f.29
iso 160

Nick Palmieri
10-29-2010, 06:57 AM
This seems to be more of an OOTB image. I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what is going on here. I do really like the effect on the area with the brighter water but its difficult to focus on anything else. TFS

Robert Amoruso
10-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Nick has a good point so I would post it there as well Giova.

Perhaps if you explain some on how you created this image - it would be a good idea.

I like the two opposing directions of flow in the image but find the bright water overpowers that darker areas - I would work to tone down the bright highlights.

I also tried a B&W conversion using the B&W adjustment layer in PS and played around with the color sliders. Looked pretty cool - you might want to give B&W a whirl too.

Thanks for posting and please join in an offer your own comments on other's images.

Dave Mills
10-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi Giova, Robert and Nick about summed up my feelings. Since the bright area is so dominant it rivets the eye in that location greatly lessening the effect of the left...

Roman Kurywczak
10-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey Giova,
I like what's going on in the darker area....even if it is abstract.....but the others are correct that it does overpower the image too much.