Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1/3
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 1600
Lens: 105mm

Ian Cassell
10-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Hi Jeff. The BF himself looks great. Position and exposure are fine. The BG white flowers are pulling my eye away from him, however. A little less DOF might have improved this.

Mike Moats
10-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Hey Jeff, I like the feel, nice sharp details and depth with the SDOF. BG has a nice soft painted look.

Andrew McLachlan
10-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi Jeff,

I like this BF image. The BF is sharp and I like that you positioned it where you did. Looks great!

Steve Maxson
10-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi Jeff. You captured a very nice pose by the butterfly along with good sharpness and DOF. The even lighting works well here and I like the diagonal comp of both the butterfly and the background stems. To my eye, the background is pleasingly blurred. In terms of tweaks, I would suggest cloning the two disjointed blossoms in the ULC and perhaps adding just a bit of canvas on the bottom. :) Well done.

Ken Childs
10-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Hey Jeff, the butterfly couldn't look any better and the angle of it in the frame is just right!! The BG is a little busy for my tastes....I'm wishing for more separation between it and the plant, especially with the antennae. If this were mine I take a shot at cloning out the flower that's showing between the antenna and the wing and to the right of the head. :)

Jerry van Dijk
10-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi Jeff, wonderful butterfly and perch. I don't mind seeing this much of the perch, gives me a sense of the environment. Agree with Steve on adding a bit more room at the bottom.