PDA

View Full Version : Immature purple martin

Raul Quinones
03-13-2008, 09:06 AM
This young bird was forced by adults to take flight lessons, he was not a happy camper.

Aperture priority, 1/200", F5.6, ISO 400

Arthur Morris
03-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Sharp and lovely BKGR. The face needs to be a bit brighter and the bird is much too far forward in the frame. Did you have more room in front of the bird? If not, you need to use One-Shot or Single Servo AF, focus on the eye, and recompose with the bird back in the frame. IAC, it is always best to let us know which lens and camera you are using...

later and love, artie

Raul Quinones
03-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks for taking the time to comment in my pictures (as many of us in this forum I am a big fan of your work).
I took several pictures of this bird, and this turn out to be the sharpest shot, but is a full frame picture so I have no room in the front.

Most of my shots are taken with the canon 100-400 L.
I recently purchased a canon 500mm F4, but I still learning how to use this beast.
Camera wise I started with a digital rebel, now I am shooting with a MKII and 40D.

Lana Hays
03-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Raul
He's certainly a darling example of "growing up Martin". As always.....Artie has given a wonderful critique. An alternate way to focus would be to change the point of focus in the camera to the right or left......depending on where you wanted the bird is in the frame. If I'm shooting a subject such as this and know that I'm going to be taking several images then I might use that approach to focusing. The easiest and fastest of course is how Artie has described.

James Salywoda
03-13-2008, 08:05 PM
A very nice subject Raul I too like Arties excellent critique.