PDA

View Full Version : Nightshade drips

John Chardine
10-27-2010, 07:18 PM
These nightshade berries often last all winter but this bunch has been eaten, and replaced with water droplets from recent rain.

Nothing much done except a heavy crop because I couldn't get to the optimum shooting position.

I used Topaz Denoise which as you can see does an excellent job.

I have to say I've been inspired and have learned a lot looking at Jules botanical compositions recently.

BTW seemingly at random I sometimes get a different colour balance from Save for Web and Devices, and this us one of those times. Can't figure it out. Anyway this looks warmer and darker than the version in Ps. I wish ALL the droplets were in focus!

Date: 27 October, 2010
Time: 16:54h
Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Lens: EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM @ 160 mm
Program: Aperture Priority
ISO 6400, 1/320s, f/5.6
Exp. comp.: -1.0
Flash: off

Jeff Parker
10-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Very abstract, reminds me of a sculpture. Nature's chandelier.

Mike Moats
10-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Hey John, very cool subject and like the purple colors on the stems. I think it works fine as is, but wouldn't have minded if the main focus was on the foreground subjects.

Steve Maxson
10-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi John. I like the simplicity of the comp and all those water drops and the soft, even light really make the image. It would be nice to have more DOF, but, of course, the tradeoff is that you would lose that beautiful smooth background. (ISO 6400 + Topaz Denoise really work well together. :)) I'm debating about a crop from the left, but that's rather subjective. Well done.

Ken Childs
10-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Hey John, neat find! I would have preferred the focus to be on one of the front drops but this looks good as presented. I think a crop from the left would look good but as Steve said, it's all subjective. :)

Jerry van Dijk
10-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi John, I simply love everything about this image! The purple stems and the glowing drops, combined with the surpressed, moody lighting really make this image. Well done.

Jay Sheinfield
10-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Hi John,

I'm a bit late to the party, but I really like the photo...................the sedate colors all work well together, and the diagonals add interest. I agree with Mike, that foreground focus would have been better, but this works well as is............................