PDA

View Full Version : Canon 60D vs 7D?

Cody Newman
10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
I have been looking at doing a camera upgrade, I will be using it exclusivley for wildlife. I have it narrowed down to these two cameras, is there any major diffrence that you are gaining with the 7D other then FPS?

Also what lens would you recomend for either of these? Thanks

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Addtionally, 7D has more advanced AF(19 points vs 9) and ability to do microadjustments(which BTW even 50D has). It has magnesium body and better shutter life, if those matter to you. 60D is smaller than the 40D/ 50D/ 7d. That could be good or bad depending on personal preference.

Bob Atkins has a nice comparison on his site at http://bobatkins.com/photography/digital/canon_eos_60D_comparison.html

Lens recommendations depend on what you intend to shoot and the budget.

Cody Newman
10-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks, good info. As far as lens I will use for Deer, ect so I am wondering if like a 300mm lens with the 1.4 converter would be good enough?

Doug Brown
10-26-2010, 10:04 PM
The 7D is a much more advanced camera than the 60D. If you can afford one, that's the body I'd choose.

Cody Newman
10-27-2010, 07:58 PM
What exactly will one gain with the micro auto focus tool on the 7D?

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Cody, all lenses are not created equal. Some back-focus or front-focus a bit. In simple words, you focus on a point and the lens actually focusses somewhere in front or behind that point. With cameras that dont have the ability to do microadjustments, this means sending back the lens( and the camera if they ask) to Canon for calibration. If the lens is under warranty, its free. But if its out of warranty, then obviously that service isn't free. So if the camera has the ability to do microadjustments, then this correction can be done at home easilly.