PDA

View Full Version : Last Leaves

Judy Howle
10-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Last leaves on a small tree in the woods behind our house. I used PB and Topaz on the image and then used Ps Spherize to create a sphere effect. I used layer styles to create the frame effect. I used a layer mask to erase some sharp edges of the sphere under the frame since it was round.

denise ippolito
10-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Really cool looking effect and image Judy. I like this very much. I might tone down just the one spot in the BG on the top middle right(very,very minor)Love the effect on the leaves inside the bubble.:)

Judy Howle
10-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks Denise. I toned down the spot and a couple of other minor ones too.

denise ippolito
10-26-2010, 01:28 PM
It looks great Judy, You are really doing a great job w/ the PB filters.

Judy Howle
10-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks! I know I probably use it too much but it has many cool filters in it besides just oil paint.

Christopher Miller
10-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Excellent effect, Judy! There's absolutely no reason to not have a favorite filter or effect that you use almost all the time. Take my addiction to "old photos" as an example! ;) I love the look of the leaves and the oval framing is very cool. The bit of toning down in the repost was the perfect touch. Well done!

denise ippolito
10-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks! I know I probably use it too much but it has many cool filters in it besides just oil paint.

I agree w/ Christopher- we are all here perfecting our skills with the use of our chosen filters and I think that is great. After all developing our own style and being known for that look is a good thing to me.:)

Judy Howle
10-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks Christopher and Denise! I'm glad you aren't getting tired of seeing my style!

Steve Adkins
10-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Judy, Love your stile with PB and the subtle textures/blends you apply! This is truly unique and a very pleasing Fall motif. :)

Indranil Sircar
10-27-2010, 03:19 PM
This is awesome, Judy. Love the colors and effect. Great use of filters. Excellent work.

Paul Lagasi
10-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Everyone has gotta have style...like the colors, details and composition, I've used this framing before see http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?31086-Saw-Whet
Very nicely done..